January Self-Awareness Exercise
It is January, so of course, goals and plans are top of mind. Additionally, being the end of a decade, a lot of you may be taking a look back over the last ten years or more.
So it makes sense that a lot of minds start to harp on missed targets and goals. Are you stuck in a “would have, should have, could have” phase? Are you questioning what went wrong and perhaps thinking about how to tackle those goals moving forward? If yes, it is time to self-audit from a place of honesty and clarity. This audit will help order your steps and move forward. You may choose to go towards those things yet to be accomplished or refine and reestablish new goals. Here is a simple self-awareness exercise to get to the core root situation:
- Write down the goal
- Ask yourself why this particular goal/target/dream.
- Can you still envision this milestone as part of your life? If no, why not?
- What are the emotions that come to you when you envision yourself at the summit?
- If you are excited, proud, and anxious to get to your desired result, what is blocking you?
- If self-doubt is your blockage, read here how to rid yourself incertitude.
- Is there something else? Reach out to me for a free consultation.